Development Partners Transport Working Group
- Coordinate the donors’ position in their dialogue with GoT on policy issues in the transport sector.
- Support GoT in fighting poverty and achieving economic growth through the provision of safe, reliable and affordable transport.
- Support GoT’s efforts to promote harmonisation and alignment and the move towards a sector wide approach led by Government.
- Represent the transport sector donors in GoT/DP working groups (e.g. GBS review).
- Exchange information on projects/programmes funded by each individual development partner.
- Flexible functioning with one donor assuming the chairmanship and secretariat.
- Meetings of the donor group every two months or whenever the need arises.
- GoT/donors’ Joint Technical Committee meetings convened by GoT at least twice a year.
- Joint Transport Sector Review (JTSR) workshop which is held annually